Week #1 A

Do you have any friends on social media who post pictures with tons of text on their photos? Im not talking about a snapchat or instagram story, Im talking about a picture of a product or something they are trying to sell and filling the picture with clutter to try and lure you in. Well those pictures and definitely deter me and make me want to unfollow someone. Literally I have and I will continue to click unfollow, because aint no body got time for ugly pics in their feed.

So when I created my website, thats exactly what I tried to avoid, same with this blog. When something is bold, yet simple it catches my attention. Soho theme did that for me. It reminded me a lot of my theme on website. Black, golds and large images. I feel like words and clutter deter me away from things. So I appreciate a clean bold website. I try to always represent my actual style and what I like, because I know those things the best.

I plan on using this class to help me boost my traffic to my website. So I figured starting a blog that goes hand in hand with what I sell then that will be perfect. I am going to blog on crystals and oils for emotional and physical support. Help people learn how to use crystals along with their essential oils for optimal support. I avoided lots of bright colors when branding Rebel Rose because colors have always represented the brands of oils people use and I want people to still feel brand loyalty to their oils but comfortable enough to shop and buy their accessories and crystals through me.

I do however keep having issues uploading a main header photo, that I will work on. But until then, I am overall happy with the theme.

Comments

  1. Hello! I can honestly say when looking at your template of your blog, it gave it the relaxing feel to it. It didn't overwhelm, it was easy on the eyes, and this template made it easier to read and follow along with your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Allison, I appreciate your feedback :)

      Delete
  2. Chantel,

    You said it – nobody likes clutter on their feed! I chose the same theme for the same reason: clean and striking, but digestible still. It's great that you're committed to self-representation, and greater still that you're focusing that into your personal website. I'd love to hear more about crystals and essential oils, especially as you design it with brand neutralness and easy earth tones like you have so far.

    Overall, great blog – keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clutter is the absolute worst! Going to head over and check out your blog now, cant wait to see it and connect with you more this semester!

      Delete
  3. Hi, I really love the colors and layout of your blog. It is definitely my style - we must have similar taste!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is very unique; I like that you gave it an original name, instead of just "My Blog" or something like that. I do like the colors, and it produces a very relaxing vibe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure if we were supposed to name it or just put my blog, but I guess we will find out! lol. and thank you for your feedback!

      Delete
  5. Hi Chantel, I agree clutter and heavy text over images are eye sores. Minimal, modern designs are the way to go! I really like your background color, it reminds me of reading on paper, which is nice. Only thing I noticed is on the black section on the left the text is also black so it is invisible. Also where it says Week #1A on this page and the Week#1A box under latest posts on the home page, I think could use more contrast to improve their readability. Other than that, Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts