Week 3 Part 1



I recently have had terrible experience with Marriott. I had a stay that went beyond wrong, and when I called Marriott because the staff at the hotel were not handling the issue, I was treated poorly and hung up on. I called back and spoke with a gentlemen who seemed to be very helpful but upon reviewing my Marriott points and stays I realized that that stay was wiped out of my records even though there was no compensation or anything for that stay. So when I called to see what happened and to get the stay added so I get my points, they had no record of my issues or why the stay was removed. It was all very strange and very unprofessional. It's unfortunate too, because I visit family in Lake Arrowhead a lot and Marriott is the best family hotel to stay, yet I continue having issues with them. 

I personally don't ever go and bash companies or write poor reviews on social media or review sites, but I know that is how a lot of people use their voice to get noticed. I have always found contacting the company first is the best way. But clearly with Marriott that was not the case and maybe I should have vocalized through review. I do however write positive reviews and I love tagging companies I love and use. I also utilize social media to ask companies I follow or use questions to get fast responses. A few times it has lead to free product and discounted codes, so thats a plus!

I have never personally received negative feedback through social media, but I would handle it the same as if they reached out to me personally. I would apologize and make it right. Positive feedback I always thank and praise, because I think we need more positive reviews in the world. People rely to much on negativity to get free things. I like to send discount codes and free products to those who take the time to write positive reviews, because they aren't asked or required too, so its nice on their part to take the time to boost your company. 

Comments

Popular Posts