Week 5 Post 1


I picked set ONE to compare. 

Immediately the dynamic of the websites were completely different. Myrtle Creek was softer and more family feeling, while Armstrong was more in your face and lots of calls to actions like shop and donate. I feel as if Armstrong's Target market are gardeners and or people who own landscaping businesses and buy wholesale. Myrtle Creek seems more like a place for families to go or tourists who want to enjoy the outdoors while having a place to do fun tours and have a nice bite to eat. Myrtle Creeks target market is those who are looking for a place to go and leisurely spend time, while Armstrong's seems like a go and shop for specifics and leave. Im sure both their target markets enjoy outdoors and plants. But Myrtle Creek provides a place to "hang out" where Im sure people hang out for awhile at Armstong's, but they don't have a cafe or other activities for their customers to hang out at. They both do offer events, and have newsletters to keep their customers up to date on events and things going on. They both also offer tips/ gardening advice. I like hoe Armstrong's cuts their descriptions short and let you pick read more, where Myrtle Creek seems to kind of drag on, or have too much info and scrolling on one page. I got bored very quickly on their website. I like plain and simple. But Armstrong also wasn't really my favorite either because I felt like I wasn't the right target market and I was on the wrong website for the type of gardening and house plant stuff I am familiar with. Felt more wholesaley to me, if that makes sense. I do want to go to Myrtle Creek now with my daughter and make a fairy garden, so I guess their website won me over more, plus who doesn't love goats?!

Comments

Popular Posts